Red Watch Band
The Red Watch Band Program is in its sixth year at the University of Iowa. Over 3,000 students have been trained so far! The training program focuses on knowledge, skill, and confidence building regarding preventing death from alcohol overdose. Students are taught the knowledge and skills to "make the call," and using role plays, given opportunities to build confidence to intervene on behalf of another. All students who complete the training will receive CPR and alcohol bystander training, and will be better able to link the impact that alcohol has on the body.
All sessions for the spring semester are currently full. Please check back in the fall for a new set of sessions. All sessions take place at the CRWC in Meeting Rooms 1A & 1B. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
- Monday, March 30 from 5-7 pm - session full
- Tuesday, April 7 from 6:30-8:30 pm - session full
- Sunday, April 12 from 6-8 pm - session full
- Wednesday, April 15 from 7-9 pm - session full
- Monday, April 20 from 5:30-7:30 pm - session full
- Sunday, April 26 from 5:30-7:30 pm - session full
- Wednesday, May 6 from 5-7 pm - session full
For more information on the Red Watch Band, contact Lindsay Naylor: email@example.com