RED WATCH BAND
The Red Watch Band Program is in its seventh year at the University of Iowa. Over 3,400 students have been trained so far! The training program focuses on knowledge, skill, and confidence building regarding preventing death from alcohol overdose. Students are taught the knowledge and skills to "make the call," and using role plays, given opportunities to build confidence to intervene on behalf of another. All students who complete the training will receive CPR and alcohol bystander training, and will be better able to link the impact that alcohol has on the body.
Fall sessions are below. REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. All sessions will take place in meeting rooms 1A&B at the CRWC, unless otherwise noted. Click on your preferred date/time to go to the registration page for that session:
- Tue, Oct 6 from 7-9pm - session full
- Wed, Oct 14 from 5-7pm - session full
- Tue, Oct 20 from 5:30-7:30pm - session full
- Wed, Oct 28 from 5-7pm
- Sun, Nov 1 from 5-7pm - session full
- Fri, Nov 13 from 4:30-6:30pm
- Sun, Nov 15 from 2-4pm
- Tue, Nov 17 from 6:30-8:30pm
- Wed, Dec 2 from 5-7pm
- Fri, Dec 4 from 4:30-6:30pm
- Sun, Dec 6 from 4-6pm
For more information on the Red Watch Band, contact Abbey Berkebile.