Red Watch Band
The Red Watch Band Program is in its fifth year at the University of Iowa. Over 2,500 students have been trained so far! The training program focuses on knowledge, skill, and confidence building regarding preventing death from alcohol overdose. Students are taught the knowledge and skills to "make the call," and using role plays, given opportunities to build confidence to intervene on behalf of another. All students who complete the training will receive CPR and alcohol bystander training, and will be better able to link the impact that alcohol has on the body.
Spring 2014 RWB Sessions
All sessions will be held in Room 1A&B in the CRWC unless otherwise noted. Please click on the time that works best for your schedule to register. Registration is required.
- Wednesday, March 12th from 6:00-8:00pm - session full
- Wednesday, March 26th from 7:00-9:00pm
- Sunday, April 6th from 5:00-7:00pm
- Wednesday, April 23rd from 6:00-8:00pm
- Thursday, April 24th from 6:00-8:00pm
- Wednesday, April 30th from 4:00-6:00pm
- Monday, May 5th from 5:30-7:30pm
For more information on the Red Watch Band, contact Chelsey Gates at firstname.lastname@example.org.