RED WATCH BAND
The Red Watch Band Program is in its eighth year at the University of Iowa. Over 4,000 students have been trained so far! The training program focuses on knowledge, skill, and confidence building regarding preventing death from alcohol overdose. Students are taught the knowledge and skills to "make the call," and using role plays, given opportunities to build confidence to intervene on behalf of another. All students who complete the training will receive CPR and alcohol bystander training, and will be better able to link the impact that alcohol has on the body.
All sessions will take place in meeting rooms 1A&B at the CRWC, unless otherwise noted. Click to register for the session that works best for your schedule:
- Wednesday, October 19th, 6-8pm - session full
- Thursday, October 27th in E230A CRWC, 6:30-8:30pm - session full
- Wednesday, November 2nd, 7-9pm - session full
- Thursday, November 10th, 6:30-8:30pm - session full
- Tuesday, November 15th, 5-7pm - session full
- Tuesday, November 29th, 7-9pm - session full
- Friday, December 2nd, 5-7pm
- Sunday, December 4th, 3-5pm
- Thursday, December 8th, 6-8pm
For more information on the Red Watch Band, contact Abbey Berkebile.