Student Health Fee
Beginning Fall 2022, the student health fee will be pro-rated to all students similar to the other mandatory fees, including those below 5 credit hours. For more information about this, see the Registrar's website at: Tuition and Fees.
This fee supports many services:
- Unlimited student office visits with a Student Health healthcare provider at no cost. An office visit is the provider's evaluation and management of your care.
- Subsidizes the costs associated with other services
- Public health initiatives on campus
- Nurse Line (phone access to a registered nurse for health information and advice)
- Student Wellness services across campus and visits made to Westlawn and the CRWC such as the following consultations:
- Tobacco cessation
- Stress management
- Sexual health
Office visits with a healthcare provider are waived if you have paid the health fee. Charges are assessed for the following services:
- Lab tests
- Allergy injections
- Medical supplies
- Preventive care including physicals and immunizations
- Minor procedure/surgery (i.e. wart removal, stitches, etc.)
- Minor gyn procedures (i.e. colposcopy, Nexplanon insertion, IUD insertion)
- Substance abuse services
Student Health will submit charges to insurance. We cannot accept credit card or debit card payments. Charges from UIHC, QuickCare clinics, and any other non-SH clinic visit will be the student’s responsibility.