Student Health is a unit within the Division of Student Life. Student Health is led by its Director, Medical Director, and six-member administrative council committee, which represent the major focus areas for supporting student health and well-being.
Administrative Council (AC)
Members of the administrative council serve as the administrative governing body. Their roles include:
- Advising the directors in matters of policy and budget
- Reviewing, evaluating, and establishing administrative policies
- Engaging in long- and short-term planning
- Responding to input and feedback from patients, staff, and the university community
Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
Members of SHAC provide a student perspective to leadership in order to advance the quality of health care and services provided for students, while educating students about Student Health. SHAC members:
- Provide input to the directors on issues concerning student health, such as accessibility, on-call hours, range of services, sensitivity to issues of culture, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender identity, student fees, quality, and general satisfaction.
- Make suggestions to, and engage in discussion with, clinicians and staff for enhancements to services and new program initiatives based on student input (which may include e-mail, forums, town hall meetings) regarding their wants and needs.
- Receive input from clinicians and staff regarding how we can best educate students.
- Discuss and recommend target issues for periodic SH survey questionnaires to users.
- Develop programs to educate students about SH, its services, and important health care issues.