Student requirements and forms
Most students will need to submit Immunization Records to Student Health.
The University of Iowa Student Health is partnering with Med+Proctor to capture MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) immunization records for most students.
All students (freshmen, transfer, graduate, international) are required to submit records of (2) MMRs before or during their first semester.
Although COVID-19 vaccines are not required, we strongly encourage incoming (and current) students to take this critical step for campus health and get vaccinated against COVID-19. Johnson County has a high vaccination rate and you are now part of our community. We want our student population to contribute to this important public health mission. It will make a big difference on our campus- do your part! COVID-19 vaccines are readily available- walk in to our IMU Nurse Care Clinic (lower level IMU) or call us to schedule your vaccine at Westlawn.
How to submit your required immunizations- MMRs: Go through MyUI to Create a Med+Proctor account and follow the instructions to upload your records. Please plan for plenty of time to do this process. Once you submit to Med+Proctor, it can take 1-3 days for full approval and/or removing registration holds, depending on the day of the week. Using Med+Proctor is free; you do NOT have to pay any fee to upload your immunizations- it is your choice. There should be no need to pay for an expedited review of your records in the Med+Proctor system if you do this submission well in advance of your assigned early registration time. If you wait too long, even paying for an expedited review could take 24-48 hours and cause you a delay in registration.
If you received care in Iowa and can't locate an immunization record, you can request records from the state immunization registry (IRIS). Go to https://iris.iowa.gov and follow the instructions under, "Accessing Immunization Records" to put in your request. You can upload this record form to Med+Proctor (as above). This could be a way to get your COVID vaccine dates if you can't find your card.
If you have questions, email us at email@example.com and we will respond during business days.
All professional students starting a health science program (medical/PA, nursing, dental, EMT, speech pathology, physical therapy, radiation science, pharmacy) should not use Med+Proctor, but instead submit all records to firstname.lastname@example.org
Athletic Training students (although in a health science program) do NOT need to send completed health science forms to Student Health at the email address listed above. You will send your forms in to your program coordinator. Student Health does need your MMR records if you did not previously attend the UI- those can be sent to email@example.com
Forms you may need
Please include your name and birth date (and/or university ID number) on ALL forms/documents mailed/faxed to Student Health. PDF format is preferred for emailed forms. Some of our forms are fillable pdfs but do require a signature as well.
You need Adobe Acrobat to download the forms. Visit the Adobe Acrobat Reader website to get your free reader.
- Health Requirements for All UI Students (FOR YOUR REFERENCE)
- Release of Information Form and Important Instructions (not required- only needed if you want Student Health to release your protected health information)
- Consent to Obtain Information Form (not required- only needed if you want a healthcare provider to send Student Health your information)
- Class Excuse Policy (FOR YOUR REFERENCE)
Submit ONLY if you are requesting an exemption to the UI immunization requirement because of a medical condition or religious belief. Students age 18 and over must complete and sign their own religious exemption form, including having it notarized.
- Iowa Department of Public Health Medical Exemption form
- Iowa Department of Public Health Religious Exemption form
Health Science students
- Requirements for Health Science Students- These requirements are NOT for incoming first year (freshmen) students who want to eventually pursue a health science profession. They are needed before starting the first semester of Medical school, Nursing, Dental, Physical Therapy, Pharmacy, Physician Assistant, Radiation Science, EMT, Athletic Training and Speech Pathology programs. They are not required for students in "pre-" or "interest" programs. You will have time to complete once you are officially accepted into those programs!
- OPTIONAL: Health Science Student Requirements Form - Use of the form is optional (unless your program has directed you to use it) but you might find it very helpful to make sure you complete all the requirements- use it as a checklist/worksheet if not your records submission form. Other documentation such as official immunization records and or/medical records will be accepted. Titers and other lab tests require a copy of the lab results report to be sent.
- Two-Step TST Protocol (we need placement AND reading dates for your TST, in order to be accepted as valid. If you are retrieving from UIHC ReadySet, make sure you submit both the Application record and the Reading record!)
- TST Reading Policy
- Hepatitis B Titer Protocol
- Health Screen Form (REQUIRED; included in the requirements form above; submit separately if not using the form)
- History of Positive TB Screening Results Form (only for those with history of positive TB screening result, if not completed at Student Health)
- Certain UI health science programs and rotation sites require an annual flu shot, and although the UI does not require COVID-19 vaccinations at this time, check with your program coordinator/ shadowing/rotation sites for any requirements they may have in place.
For medical students doing clerkships/rotations:
- AAMC Standardized Immunization Form Instructions (how to complete this form electronically, without a visit)
Minor students (under 18 years)
Health fee & insurance
- Insurance Form - Information we need to bill any Student Health charges to your insurance. (Can send in advance, or student will complete at first visit)
- Authorization to Bill and Authorization for Release of Information for Payment
- Health Fee Form (only needed if taking 4 hours or less and want to come to Student Health without paying an office visit)
Allergy patient information
ADHD patient information
- ADHD Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- ADHD Provider Letter and Transfer of Care form
- ADHD Checklist