Student Health provides mental health care with a team of MD psychiatrists, primary care physicians, physician assistants, and registered nurses. Students can be seen at Student Health for management of mental health conditions requiring behavioral and medication management.
- Evaluation of mental health concerns
- Medication assessment and management
- Eating disorder services
- Mood disorders treatment (depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder treatment
- ADHD treatment (after review of past records)
- Click here and scroll to the very bottom of the page for information on how to initiate or transfer your care for ADHD
- For answers to common ADHD questions, click here.
We work collaboratively with the The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Psychiatry Service , the University Counseling Service and Student Wellness.
Free online screening for depression, alcohol use, anxiety, bipolar disorder, and PTSD is available via the Student Wellness website. This free screening is made available to all University of Iowa students. The screening is taken anonymously and results are available in a few minutes. The purpose of the screening is to determine whether a disorder is likely, not to make a diagnosis. Information on referral resources is provided.